How to reduce body temperature
How to Reduce Body Heat: High body temperature is a common symptom, especially in children. The normal body temperature is 36-37 degrees Celsius, and a height of more than 38 degrees Celsius is called fever. Sometimes the temperature may drop on its own without the need for medical intervention. It continued to rise for a long time when healthy methods should be used to remain within the normal level without risk.
How to Reduce Body Heat
- Bathing with lukewarm water is one of the effective and healthy solutions to reduce the heat, because the water helps to reduce the heat slowly, and pay attention to the use of cold water to avoid sudden unhealthy heat reduction.
- Use cold water compresses with wet cloths placed on one area such as the forehead, neck, ankle, or wrist, and repeat the method every minute until you notice a decrease in temperature.
- Drinking water continuously to avoid dehydration that increases the temperature increase. It is possible to take a special oral solution of dehydration such as barite, and in the event that the person is newborn, they should continue feeding instead of water.
- Loosen clothes, and replace them with light, non-stick, light-colored clothes to help not absorb sunlight, and wet socks can be worn to absorb heat, and for newborns, gradually loosen one or two pieces of clothing.
- After consulting your physician, take medications that can lower your temperature quickly.
- Ventilate the room to replenish the air and ensure that the room temperature is 22 ° C.
- Drink some hypothermic herbs that can treat high-temperature infections, such as thyme, oregano, ginger, berry leaves, mint, and others, while avoiding fatty, spicy foods, dairy products, and milk.
- Using onions by cutting them into slices and putting some of them on the heel of the foot, then wearing heavy socks on them. Some studies have proven the ability of onions to flush out germs and viruses and absorb reduce body heat.
- Resort to a doctor when the temperature rises to more than 38 degrees Celsius for children, and 39 degrees Celsius for adults to avoid complications, control the main cause, and reduce the risk caused.
Causes of high temperature
- Infection: It is one of the most common causes. Entering all forms of infection may cause high temperatures because the body is busy fighting the intruder who attacks the immune system, and it is one of the first symptoms that appear on children, especially influenza, respiratory diseases, and diarrhea.
- Immunizations: It is one of the reasons for the high temperature of children, and its appearance is considered a natural reaction from the body and often decreases to the normal level after a day or two of vaccination.
- Infections: The appearance of multiple infections in the body causes a high temperature such as urinary tract infection, acute otitis, and sore throat.
- Infection with some diseases: There are many diseases whose symptoms include high temperatures, such as rheumatism, lupus fever, Crown disease, and hormonal disorders such as hyperthyroidism.
- Other reasons: The body may be exposed to a high temperature when suffering from strong sunstroke, or in the stage of teething in infants, or from increased clothing, or because of side effects of certain medications.
Symptoms of high temperatures
- Increased sweating.
- Tremor, chills, especially when there is internal heat.
- Headache, with loss of focus.
- Dehydration, feeling thirsty.
Causes of High Body Temperature and Sweating
Body’s temperature raising
A person may sometimes experience fatigue and severe tiredness and sweating, which is the high body temperature, as the normal degree of the body ranges between 36.1-37.1, but it varies from person to person according to age, the type of physical activities a person performs, and the time during which a measurement was made The temperature at him during the day, because the body temperature varies with the varying hours of the day, and high body temperature often indicates that a person has a disease or inflammation that may be dangerous sometimes, and in this article, he explains the reasons for the high body temperature.
Causes of high body temperature and sweating
The main causes and factors leading to high body temperature that may be associated with sweating include all of the following
- Inflammatory viruses are one of the main causes, such as influenza viruses and tonsillitis, cold, sore throat, and when the body works as a warrior, it gets hot and feels very tired.
- Cancer, such as leukemia, breast, or lymph nodes, as well as some cancer treatments.
- Endocrine and brain diseases.
- Infection with the intestine.
- Exposure to heat like sunlight for a long time, as the body temperature rises a lot in the summer if this exposure was direct.
- Smallpox viruses or various measles diseases
- Middle ear infections
- Infections of the lungs and stomach.
- Alcohol and drug addiction.
- Arthritis and rheumatism.
- Mental disorders and extreme tension.
- Use of certain drugs and drugs.
- Infection with a bacterial or fungal infection.
- Travel to places where infectious diseases are transmitted through insect stings, such as malaria.
- Aging or reaching over 65 years of age.
- Undergo splenectomy.
Symptoms of high body temperature and sweating
When a high body temperature occurs, it may be associated with a group of signs, such as the persistent desire to vomit, chills and difficulty in the movement of the neck, the skin becomes dry reddish, the person feels a headache, delirium and may reach heat cramping, in addition to speed in the heartbeat, and immediately The brain feels that there is a difference in body temperature, as it regulates heat, as it has internal systems that maintain the body’s balance, which are
- Increased metabolism
- In the early stages of fever, the blood vessels in the skin narrow, which pushes blood from the outer layer of the skin into the body to keep the heat inside, and when the temperature returns to normal, the blood vessels in the skin expand again, returning blood to these areas.
Sweating, which occurs when the heat reaches its highest level, leading to saline water being released by the body when pores expand and the heat cools, and this is called heating mechanisms that return the body to normal
Methods of treatment of hyperthermia
There are many methods and steps that can be taken to reduce fever or high body temperature, including the following, How to control body heat?
- The thermometer must be used to check its temperature and height.
- Once the temperature rises, it is necessary to use cold water compresses to reduce them. It is preferable to put ice and water inside a bowl, bring the compresses and wash them with it, then put it on the forehead of the injured and repeat the process several times.
- Loosen the patient’s clothes and leave them in cold light clothing so as not to affect his temperature, keep him away from sunny places, and ventilate the place well.
- Use of fever-reducing medications.
Body Cooling Foods: Drink some drinks that reduce heat naturally.
Since heat is often a symptom of a disease, it is necessary to automatically search for and treat the cause leading to it, if not treated it will exacerbate the problems. For example, if the high temperature is caused by bacterial infections, then the doctor can prescribe antibiotics to eliminate the bacteria that cause this The problem is, but antibiotics will not be able to treat a viral infection, so doctors may resort to prescribing antivirals to overcome a viral infection, and in general, most doctors are of the opinion that the best treatment for getting rid of a viral infection that causes fever is to take a premium. Rest and drink plenty of fluids, but must quickly take babies less than 28 days in ages to hospitals in order to provide medical care better for them, and doctors have to give these children and intravenous fluids and medications to control fever have.
How to Reduce Body Heat?
There are many precautionary steps that can be followed in order to reduce the chances of infection with infectious diseases that lead to fever or high body temperature. Among these steps are the following
- Take care to clean hands and urge children to do the same thing, especially after using the bathroom, before eating, or to be near sick people, in contact with animals, or after being in public places or using public transportation.
- Avoid placing hands over the nose, mouth, or even eyes, because bacteria and viruses seek to enter the body through these openings.
- Ensure that a small hand sanitizer is placed inside the personal bag while out of the house, in order to clean hands in case they cannot get soap and water.
- Covering the mouth while coughing, covering the nose while sneezing, and urging children to do the same, maybe better to stay away from other people during coughing or sneezing in order to keep them away from pathogenic microbes.
- Refrain from sharing water bottles, food bowls, and drinking glasses with others.
Body temperature measurement
Avoid using mercury-containing thermometers and replace them with digital thermometers that can be easily obtained from pharmacies and medical product centers. Body temperature can be measured by placing the thermometer under the armpit, in the mouth, anus, or even inside the ear, But experts confirm that the measurement of heat through the anus is the most appropriate and accurate to measure the temperature in children under the age of 3 years, and in general it is possible to mention the steps for measuring the temperature through the mouth and through the anus as follows
Oral temperature measurement: The body temperature can be taken orally in children over 4 years old, and the thermometer must be initially cleaned with soap, water, and alcohol, then the digital thermometer is turned on and placed under the tongue, keeping the mouth closed for a minute or until you hear the sound Exits the device when it finishes calculating the temperature.
Trans-anal thermometry: The thermometer should be thoroughly washed with soap, water and alcohol, then applied with a moisturizing cream or rain, such as Vaseline, then place the little child on his stomach and bend his knees toward his chest, then insert the thermometer for 1-2 cm inside the anus and fix it well to prevent entry For more than that, wait a minute or even hear the device sound, then remove the scale and take the correct reading of the device, and it may be more appropriate to wash the scale again and place a signal above it to indicate that it is heat-taking from the anus and not from the mouth.
How to reduce Heat in Body
Reduce Body Heat
The body performs many physiological processes that help it maintain its normal temperature, and the normal measure of body temperature is 37 degrees Celsius on the mercury system, and it may rise when many viruses and bacteria attack the body, but the body and the immune system fail to resist these viruses, giving the body a signal With its high temperature, which requires taking some antipyretic drugs and some antibiotics to eliminate the pathological injury that occurred to the body, there are many natural prescriptions that help reduce heat and do not cause any side effects.
Body Cooling Foods:
Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds contain many elements and compounds that help to reduce the internal body temperature, especially for women when the temperature rises as a result of the interruption of the menstrual cycle because they contain an abundant amount of estrogen, and to achieve benefit from them we take the amount of a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds, Then boil it well in a glass of water, add a teaspoon of honey, and drink it twice a day.
Peppermint: Peppermint is distinguished by its anti-fever ingredients and can be used in more than one way, as we can take the amount of a handful of fresh mint leaves, put them in a cup of boiling water and leave for twenty minutes to cool, then filter and add a spoonful of honey to the cup, then cool it in the refrigerator We drink it daily, and it can be used in another way. You can add boiled mint to the bathtub, add some drops of mint oil and sit in it for twenty minutes.
Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera contains moisturizing substances that help the body maintain its internal heat balance, and to take advantage of it we take a piece of aloe vera and cut it longitudinally, then extract the gel in it, and massage the body into it for twenty minutes, then we wash with warm water and we will notice the result immediately, this The method is safe and can be used for children. We can also add two tablespoons of aloe vera gel to a cup of water and drink it daily.
Compresses of water: It is one of the easiest and most important ways to reduce body temperature, especially for children. To do this we take a clean cotton cloth and wet it with normal water that is at room temperature, and put it on the thighs area and under the armpits and on the neck, and here we must stay away from the use of ice water Or cold water to make compresses because it has many risks that can lead to damage to brain cells and cause permanent disability in the body.
Onions: Onions have great effectiveness in flushing out bacteria and germs from the body and helps reduce body heat and absorption, so we cut off the amount of the hero into slices and put two slices in the sole of the foot, then we wear heavy follicles, we will notice after a while the onions change color to black and the heat reaches Normal levels in the body.
Apple cider vinegar: How to reduce body heat, Apple cider vinegar is used to lower body temperature in two ways, put a cup of vinegar in the bathtub, then sit in it for half an hour, or we can add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a spoonful of honey to a cup of water and drink from it three times a day, or by doing Compresses vinegar with a cotton pad and apply to different areas of the body.
All information is intended to motivate readers to make their own health, nutrition, and fitness decisions after consulting with their health care provider. My macro plans are not medically-prescribed diets. The focus is meal prep education and recipe ideas.
I encourage you to consult a doctor before making any health or diet changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. NO information on this website should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease or condition.